Educators, instructors, and lifelong learners, have you ever wished for a single, comprehensive resource that would take the complexity out of teaching and learning materials science? Enter the MatEdU Modules – a carefully curated and searchable collection of over 150 educational modules, designed to simplify your journey through the world of materials science, engineering, and technology.
Developed over the past 15 years, these modules offer a wide range of educational lessons, each contributed by various authors, subject matter experts, and instructors at all levels. Each lesson has undergone rigorous peer review and vetting processes, ensuring the highest quality and reliability of information.
Whether you’re introducing your students to the basics of materials science or guiding them through more complex topics, there’s a module designed just for you. The collection is organized based on subject, level, and author, making it easy to find exactly what you need. Subjects range from Additive Manufacturing and Biomaterials to Semiconductors and Materials Sustainability, catering to every niche in materials science.
Some of these modules have even found their way into the prestigious MatEdU Materials Science Educational Handbook, a testament to their value and quality. This also is proven by the high number of chapters on the Most Popular List below. But what makes this resource truly standout is its adaptability. These modules aren’t just ready-made lessons—they’re starting points that can be tailored to fit the specific needs of your class and teaching style.
With just a few clicks, you can sort and search through the 152 modules available by subject, level, or author. Whether you’re an educator planning your next semester’s curriculum or a student seeking to deepen your understanding, this is a collection you can’t afford to miss.
For your convenience, we’ve also highlighted a few of our most popular modules below. From Introduction to Materials to a guide on So You Want to be in Materials Science, you’ll find a wealth of knowledge waiting to be explored.
Harness the power of the MatEdU Modules today and revolutionize the way you approach materials science education. The simplified list of the most popular downloads is below number one through eight.
Important note: Most of these links will automatically start the download process of either a PDF or PPT file. If you want to peruse more of the modules or handbook chapters/appendices, you can visit the top-level Resources page or the Searchable Modules page.
- Introduction to Materials (Link): A comprehensive entry point into the world of materials science, ideal for both beginners and those needing a refresher on foundational concepts.
- Materials Science Frameworks (Link): This module outlines a detailed framework for understanding and teaching materials science at K-12 levels, providing a clear path for curriculum development.
- Engineering Materials and Design (Link): A deep dive into the intersection of materials science and engineering, exploring the principles behind material selection and design in engineering applications.
- Materials Science Educational Handbook Introduction (Link): An overview of the MatEdU Materials Science Educational Handbook, a key resource for anyone looking to teach or learn materials science in a comprehensive, accessible manner.
- Metals and Alloys (Link): An enlightening module that delves into the properties, uses, and importance of metals and alloys in materials science.
- So You Want to be in Materials Science (Link): A resourceful guide for aspiring materials scientists, offering insights into career paths, educational requirements, and opportunities in the field.
- Composite Materials (Link): This module explores composite materials, their properties, and applications, giving learners a nuanced understanding of these key materials.
- Appendix A of the Educational Handbook (Link): An important supplement to the MatEdU Materials Science Educational Handbook, providing additional resources and information to enhance learning.
Let us know what resources you find most valuable and helpful as you continue your journey into materials science.